- Huge News: Elm 0.19 released!
- Faster compiler with smaller output
- Core packages now in “elm” namespace rather than “elm-lang”
- New Browser module replaces HTML.program stuff
- New Time module looks nice
- Looking forward to using Elm again, but first need to get basic Rust backend running…
- Progress update (reading The Rust Programming Language book):
- Tests in Rust look great
- Unit tests in same file as code makes sense
- Testing private functions FTW!
- Separate integration tests for public library functions makes sense
- Skinny main.rs and fat lib.rs files
- Read through the I/O Project chapter
- Impatient to get to Functional Language Features
- But still refreshed previously learnt concepts nicely
- Introduced more new stuff than expected, glad I read it
- Finally got to Functional Language Features chapter
- Just started reading the More About Cargo and Crates.io chapter
- At some point may have crate I’d like to release, who knows?
- Released minor update to WP Cron Pixie
- Now built with local to project Elm 0.18 tools
- Cleaned up package dependency that prevents Elm 0.19 upgrade
- Next version will therefore use Elm 0.19